Monday, September 13, 2010

Lessons At Blackberry Inn

I just recently finished this charming book by Karen Andreola. She has such a way of sharing Charlotte Mason's ideas and methods. Mostly I try to find my reading books at the library but I've read all of Karen's books so I knew I could trust it would be a great read so I bought. It's just one I had to have on my shelf along with Pocketfull of Pinecones, Beautiful Girlhood, and A Charlotte Mason Companion. Very fun read! Click HERE to visit Karen's blog! Moments with Mother Culture

Sit yourself down for a spell, and restore your soul! Infused with Charlotte Mason's gentle art of learning, this calming book follows Carol, a 1930s homemaker, as she adjusts to her first year living at Blackberry Inn. Refresh yourself as you drop into her idyllic world of canning, cleaning, homeschooling, baking, and other scenes of faith, hope, hospitality, love, and the lost art of homemaking! Written as a sequel to Pocketful of Pinecones, Lessons at Blackberry Inn may also be read as a stand-alone novel. A delightful treat for the homeschool mother. 224 pages, softcover.

Followers